We all have that one room in our homes that we don’t know what to do with, because it is too small or oddly shaped. Instead of ignoring that room, and putting off the inevitable, tackle it now with these simple painting tips.
Here are simple painting tips for brightening and lengthening your room:
- Paint two walls a much darker color. People have the misconception that darker colors will close a small space, make it stuffy, but it actually gives the illusion of space.
- Try Benjamin Moore’s Super White, if you like clean spaces and can’t commit to a color. The brightness of this shade will liven up any room, and you will never have to stress about matching decor.
- Paint your walls a deep, glossy gray and paint your crown molding a stark white or light lavender. Using a contrasting color on crown molding or the ceiling to accentuate your small space.
- Cool paint shades, with an undertone of blue or green, make the walls recede and small spaces seem larger.
- One painting technique layers glazes on top of each other, giving the wall depth.
- Use bold colors in an elaborate way, in every room, and that will give the entire house a certain flow and depth. Paint a door red and the walls blue, and make the kitchen or living room a part of that flow, by using a contrasting color.
Whatever color you decide on, hiring professionals will take this project to another level. We at Ozzy’s Painting understand spatial relations and color schemes, and will work with you to create an amazing new space.